1. Prevent food poisoning by: • Always washing hands before cooking. • Not eating raw eggs, raw meats or uncooked foods • Waiting until the food is cooked before sampling it.
2. Have children stand at the level of the activity. Use a stool if necessary.
3. Use cooking supplies that will not break (such as plastic measuring cups and stainless-steel bowls).
4. Use plastic knives or butter knives for cutting.
5. Provide constant supervision.
Always watch children when they use knives, mixers, or the stove.
Supervise the use of ovens, stoves, and other kitchen appliances. Remind children that stoves, ovens, pans, and dishes can be very hot.