- Take 1/2 pint of heavy cream that has turned sour and pour into a bowl.
- Beat the cream with an egg beater for about 3 minutes. Do this as you would normally whip cream.
- After it is whipped, just keep on with the eggbeater until all of a sudden, the cream separates into butter and buttermilk.
- Keep beating with rotary eggbeater until the solid butter is formed.
- With a knife, remove the butter from the egg beater and put it into a bowl of ice water.
- Remove the small lumps of butter from the buttermilk with a spoon and also place in the ice water.
- Squeeze the butter together with your hands in the ice water until you have just one piece of butter.
DO NOT USE SOUR CREAM- IT WILL NOT WORK!